Play Online Blackjack
Online blackjack has become one of the most popular forms of gambling on the Internet. It is nothing else but the traditional game of 21 translated into the computer. Check out our guide so you can play online blackjack.
What is online blackjack?
- Online blackjack is blackjack played over the Internet. To play this type of blackjack, you log on to a virtual casino, download their software (if required) and start playing. If you want to play with and for real money, you have to deposit money first.
- Online blackjack is offered along with other games like online keno, online slots, online craps, etc. by casino web sites. There are casino directories and resource sites that recommend the best and safest casinos for you to play in.
Why you should play online blackjack:
- It saves you money. With online blackjack, there's no need to get dressed, drive or fly to the casino, learn blackjack table manners or tip the casino staff. You can quit any time you like (provided you've met the playthrough or wagering requirements), and you can even play with free money.
$- Just about all virtual casinos give you free playing money, also known as "welcome bonus" or "signup bonus." Suppose a virtual casino offers a 100% welcome bonus for up to $300. If you sign up with $200, you get an additional $200 worth of free playing money! You don't get that at all in land-based casinos.
- You can play more hands in the same amount of time with online blackjack. There is no need to wait for a dealer to shuffle and then deal out the cards. A computer does all the work in a second or two. More play, more fun!
- On the other hand, if you are more traditional you can play against a real human dealer. Some casinos let you play this way. You will see a human dealer handling the cards through your video screen. The only difference is you'd still be at home. Blackjack players would love this because the decks are shuffled in the traditional way and they can practice their card counting and whatnot.
What to look for in a casino to play online blackjack:
- Big welcome bonuses (make sure the bonus applies to blackjack
- 24/7 customer support
- Blackjack rule variations that favor the player
- Payment methods you can use
- Wagering requirements you can meet *
* Wagering requirements are what you must or are allowed to do with your money and the bonus money. Your bonus money may be for play only; you may have to play with it for a certain period; or you may be able to withdraw only after a certain time. Make sure you understand the wagering requirements before agreeing to the casino's terms and conditions to avoid problems later on.
If this hasn't convinced you to play online blackjack, try it for yourself and see. Visit our favorite online casinos now and discover what makes online blackjack so popular.